May 18, 2010

Two years.

Two years old? Really? I am just in shock that the baby of our family is now a toddler. Two years ago I held her in my arms and thought, "this is it. This is the last time I get to go through this crazy, challenging, beautiful, sweet time of raising a baby...." and it made me a little sad but I was ready for it. I am really excited to move onto the next phase of our lives, the dance/soccer world, the going on camping trips, going to Disneyland.....I know you can do that stuff with a baby, but just leaving the diaper bag in the dust sounds perfect. Plus Saylor just FEELS like she's the baby. And that she will always be the baby. The three older kids are just so in love with her, they think she is the funniest thing ever. And she is. She is also Gracie's biggest fan, following her around everywhere, copying her when she dances, saying her name first when she was learning to say everyones names etc. The boys maul her and she doesn't mind it, but when Maguire starts squishing her hands and feet into his eyes (I know, sounds crazy but he has done it since she was born!! SO WEIRD) she's outta there. A girl can only take so much! They all call her SAY SAY and she just loves all the attention from all of them. She is getting old enough and now when they all head outside, they put her coat and shoes on for her and take her with them. I loooooove this. I look outside and they are just a little herd of ducks, following Gracie around, getting dirty and just having fun. Here's some pictures from Saylor's birthday. I had this awesome cake made for her and everytime she saw it she would say, "Happy! Happy!" since she wanted everyone to sing to her. Now when she sees a candle she says the same thing.
At two years Saylor:
Is obsessed with Dora. Loves her, will watch at anytime.
Has to have a shower with me every morning, I think I've had maybe 5 showers ever without her.
Has a little blocked tear duct that makes her left eye slightly watery at all times.
Is still wearing 12-18 month clothes, we're trying really hard to move into 18-24, but they are just kind of big still!
Has a 4-5 hour nap on most days. Sleeps from 9pm-9am, as long as Maguire doesn't run and jump into her crib when he gets up in the morning.
Says "arf" for dog, "eeeee" as in horseeee, "keee" for kitty and "dada" when she sees a white truck. She also says "yereal" for cereal and "Doda" for Dora. "yide" for outside and kicken for chicken. When she says yes, she says YAH, like a swedish person. When she says no, she sticks her tongue through her lips and say Mmmmno. She is THE CUTEST.

No comments: