So mid-october we head off to Canada for Brittany's wedding. Brittany and me, taking the kids 12 hours north. It was pure craziness. I'm taking this blurb off my photography blog.
Okay so Brittany and I left a few days ago to go home to Canada for her wedding, Ryan stayed behind because there are so many things being done on the house right now and he's going to come up with Lane a few days before. So when you travel for 12 hours with four very young kids we've learned it's so much better to go at night so they can all sleep. First of all, it started snowing in Idaho Falls and kept dumping for four hours, we could only go half the speed we normally go. Look at the ice build up on my poor car, I couldn't even steer properly so we pulled over and I tried to kick the ice off. Not recommended when wearing flip flops. Second, the kids fell asleep at about 10 pm and me and Britt started to party in the front seat so we could stay awake. At 2 am, all of the sudden we look back and four sets of beady little eyes were looking back at us. ohhhhhhh crap. And the kids stayed awake until we stopped at a hotel at 5 am. Then when we got to the border we realized two very serious problems. I had forgotten the kids birth certificates, which are mandatory for crossing the border and Brittany had forgotten her wedding dress, which is mandatory for her wedding. Wow, what a pair we make. Thankfully the guy at the border was really nice and to our amazement let us through. I think we must have looked really rough so he just felt sorry for us.
To stay awake, we took super duper ugly pictures of each other. It worked, we were laughing so hard. It was a fun way to end Brittany living with us and becoming someones wife! We miss her so much![gallery order="DESC"]
December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment