June 02, 2008

New Sweet Baby Girl Johansen

So on April 16, 2008 I went in for a doctor appointment and Dr Jones checked me. I was only 4 cm, which is amazing because usually at this point in my pregnancies I am 8 cm (or already delivered!) So he sent me over to break my water at the hospital. My mom and Britt had come down the day before because we were expecting this to happen, so Britt watched the kids and Ryan and my mom came over to the hospital. At 11:30 am Dr Jones broke my water. I layed on the bed for a few hours and nothing was happening. I was starting to get worried that this one wouldn't go as fast as the others. But suddenly the contractions started coming, and with each one I dilated a little more. Pretty soon they were coming strong and I felt like I was dying so I asked for some drugs. They helped a little bit. Dr Jones came in when I was 9 cm and said "start pushing!' I pushed once, a really long hard push, and at 3:26 pm Saylor was born weighing 6 lbs 4 oz and 17 inches long. She was so beautiful and right away we noticed her dark curly hair and little eyelashes and were a little surprised at how HUGE her hands were. It was an amazing experience, although I'm glad I don't have to ever go through that again! We feel like our little family is complete and perfect.

No comments: